To me this vegan cheese recipe seems untouchable. If you have a dairy allergy then this is what you’re looking for. If you’re wanting something creamy but need it to be low fat/fat free this is it! This recipe make a blender full of vegan cheese sauce. I only use 3 TB of oil in the whole thing but even those can be omitted and replaced with water. This is a whole food, nut free alternative to over processed/over price store bought vegan chz. Folks, it’s pure veggies. This cheese can be used in a million different ways, I thought the nachos it made were pretty epic.
- 2 cups of chopped potatoes & 1 cup of carrots boiled/steamed
- Cooked potatoes & carrots blended with 1/2 cup water THEN ADD
- 1 lime (or TB of citrus juice)
- Either 3 TB oil or 3 TB water
- 1/2 Cup nutritional flakes
- 1/4 ts each of garlic powder & onion powder
- 1-2 ts salt
- Blend again (add any extra water tiny amounts at a time)
- Pour some over cooked pasta, DONE
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This was inspired by a Veggie on a Penny recipe.