This epic meal is beyond filling & cheap while having a million different flavors to write home about. There’s a couple moving parts to this but I wouldn’t have made this had it been within 10 feet of complex. This is easy. While there is small amounts of fat a person could make this fat free. I’m pretty sure a fat free version would be 100% the same flavors as this. I’m not sure why I didn’t go nuts with the dairy free cheese sauce for the picture. Just know this is hella chzy. This recipe makes a life time supply of cheese & salsa. Thank your future self.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.
- 2 TB of each of the follow: chili powder, flour, oil. Put all of those in a pot on the stove. (i’m sure cornstarch would work)
- While those things are heating add whatever spices to the mix (cumin, basil, salt, etc)
- Add small can of tomato paste or tomato sauce
- Mix with 1-2 cups of water, Whisk til thickens
Spicy Mango Habanero Salsa
- Chop a HUGE mango, put half in the blender and diced up the other half in a bowl
- Dice tomatoes, cilantro & onion and put those in the bowl with mango
- Blend the chopped mango with lime juice, cilantro & habanero
- Pour the blended half with the diced half to have a chunky salsa, no salt needed
Build Your Enchilada
- Lay out tortillas (flour, corn or gluten free)
- Spread beans inside tortilla like you’re making a burrito
- You could also add: rice, olives, grilled veggies/mushrooms, jalapeno, vegan cheese or salsa, etc)
- Roll closed, lay seem down then pour cheese & enchilada sauce on top
- Bake 375-400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Top with salsa (and maybe more cheese. ENJOY