I love potatoes in all forms. I often eat potatoes the same way forever til I step out of my box and make them in a similar yet avoided way. Then I remember that I need to diversify my potato portfolio. Potatoes are so cheap and seldom are boring. Our Mexican food store has been selling 5 lb bag for $1.50 – $1.99. I never make “fries” in the sense that I cut them perfectly, discard the excess cuttings and soak them in water. I made these just that way. And honestly I’m not seeing the benefits of the extra steps. These are just as good as potato wedges. SO GOOD!
- I cut 4 med/large potatoes (I peeled them because they were extra dirty)
- I sliced them to look identical which resulted in a bit of waste (and that’s okay)
- I placed them in water to removed outside starch then drained and dried them
- I strayed a cookie sheet with all natural coconut (fancy!) spray (zero calories?!)
- Placed fries on tray and sprayed over the top of the fries & added salt
- Baked for about 50-60 minutes at 425 and flipped them once. ENJOY (with BBQ sauce)
For more details on this recipe watch my video below