This is awesome! Looks good, tastes good….but is NOT creamy! The pudding pie filling is damn near fat free so it’s not creamy. It’s kind of like jello but in a very decadent way. If you’re looking for a creamy chocolate pie I’d suggest this Chocolate Almond Butter Pie recipe. This is a gluten free pie filling but I used a store bought crust. Crust is easy to make but I’m lazy. I really love this no bake pie! This isn’t overly sweet, if you want to knock your socks off double the sugar. This is much thicken than regular pudding.
- I put 1/2 cup brown sugar in a pot with sifted 1/3 cup cocoa powder & 6 TB cornstarch
- I added 2 cups of cold almond milk and stirred like crazy while waiting for it to boil
- Once boiled and thickened pour all (or most) into your pie crust
- To make the vanilla/butterscotch half repeat step 1 minus cocoa (maybe add more sugar)
- Once boiled and thickened I poured it on top of the chocolate
- After it slightly cooled down I threw 3 oz of mini chocolate chips on top (they didn’t stick once cooled)
- Let it cool completely then slice into 8 pieces. ENJOY!
For a strange visual on how I did this watch my video below