Here it is! The greatest flavor combo ever. This is stupid simple and rich bitch cheap. I think a pork burger version of this would shoot me to the moon. This savory cranberry burger is unreal. Baked sweet potato slices for the buns is something I hadn’t thought to do before. I’ve yet to achieve crispy sweet potatoes so these burger “buns” will be slightly soggy. That may not sound appealing but when I took my first bite it was akin to a buttery burger bun that melts in your mouth. Pretty epic. 1,000% satisfied.
- Slice an ultra round sweet potatoes into equal thickness
- Add about 1 ts oil per sweet potato, mix with salt & lay out on a baking sheet.
- Put 1 lb ground turkey (or pork!) in a bowl, add a least 3 TB dried cranberries, about .5 TB of poultry seasoning & cracked fennel seeds
- You can mix in salt or sprinkle on top of the patties
- Mix everything together and form 2 – 4 patties
- I made a little wall in the foil so that the meat juices wouldn’t touch the potatoes. I baked them together at 450 for about 40 minutes. I did spray oil the foil. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below