In addition to this being a hella simple recipe this was really, really good. I could see battered cauliflower as the base for many other future recipes. The dipping sauce was from yesterdays Vegan Alfredo Sauce which is pretty much like fat free vegan ranch!
- Chop cauliflower into nugget size pieces
- Mix 1/2 cup of any flour (wheat, rice, garbanzo, etc) with 1/2 cup of water. Add a dash of garlic powder.
- Pour the batter over the cauliflower & mix til fully coated
- Spread out the nuggets onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with oil. Bake at 450 for about 8-12 minutes then flip and bake for another 5 minutes or so. The goal is to make sure all of the batter has hardened, not soggy.
- Take out of the oven (I let mine cool for a few minutes)
- Mix 1/2 cup of hot sauce with 1-2 TB of melted vegan butter (Skip butter for a fat free option)
- Pour and mix buffalo sauce with nuggets then bake until both sides have hardened, no longer soggy (10 minutes?)
- Let cool before serving and dip in the vegan “ranch” alfredo sauce mentioned above. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Clean Eating Machine.