I love this pie because it’s pretty hard to fuck up. No need to chill a can of coconut milk. If you want to use nuts & seeds without having to pay a million dollars I’d recommend raw sunflower seeds and the cheapest dried figs you can find. Almonds are not cheap ($12 per lb), sunflower seeds are ($2.99 per lb). Also figs ($4.99) can be cheaper than dates ($8.99).
- Process 1 cup of nuts with 1 cup of dried fruit
- I never soak the dried fruit but if I did maybe I’d be able to skip the 4 TB of agave required to make everything sticky
- Take a piece of the mixture and form it into a shape. If it holds then put your crust in your pie pan or spring pan.
- Blend a can of full fat coconut milk with 1/2 cup nut butter & 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Sweetener optional (I used 4 TB agave & almond butter)
- Pour on top of crust and let chill in the fridge til solid. ENJOY
For more info on this recipe watch my video below