Dude, I loooooove this recipe. I will say this, I the whole package was winning; pickles, burger buns, avocado, red bell pepper, etc. The whole thing went above and beyond. So dress up your sandwich, give it the works.
1 large sweet potato (540 grams/little over a lb), 1/2 cup of dry rice, 1 cup water, 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs with Italian/poultry seasoning added, 2 TB oil, burger buns & condiments
- Chop and boil 1 large sweet potato. Peeling is option, I didn’t peel the sweet potato. Boil til soft, about 20 minutes, then drain.
- Cook 1/2 cup dry rice with 1 cup water. 20 minutes for white rice & 40 minutes for brown rice.
- Mash potatoes & rice together. Add in 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs and mix in completely. I didn’t add addition salt because my bread crumbs were pretty salt. You may need a dash of salt. Let mixture cool so that you can handle them without a problem.
- Split mixture into 4 and form patties. Push each patty onto a plate of Italian bread crumbs, both side, and set a side.
- Put 1 TB of oil in skillet. Once the skillet is nice and hot cook as many patties as you can fit. I cooked 2 at a time on medium heat. Flip after a few minutes and make the other side crispy. Assemble the worlds greatest sandwich! ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below