These were great! Once the cupcakes cooked completely they weren’t too gummy. I wish I had fancier toppings for them.
1.25 cup flour, .25 cup cocoa powder, 1 ts baking powder, dash of vinegar, .5 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 4 oz applesauce, can of black beans, 4 TB cocoa powder & 6 TB agave
- Mix a dash of vinegar, .5 cup sugar, 1 cup milk & 4 oz applesauce in a mixing bowl
- Add in 1.25 cup flour, .25 cup cocoa powder & 1 ts baking powder and whisk. I had to add a few spoons of flour to make sure the batter was thick enough.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 20-35+ minutes. Keep an eye on them!
- Put a rinsed can of black beans with 4 TB cocoa powder and 6 TB of agave then process til smooth. If you use less agave you might need a few drops of water added. Frosting isn’t even a fraction as sweet as traditional frosting.
- Pipe frosting on completely cooled cupcakes. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Cupcake recipe was inspired by Happy Herbivore.