There was a year or two that I ate this pretty much daily. And when we helped open the raw cafe many years ago we had a version of this added as a tiny side to almost every dish we served. There’s a million ways to dazzle this up but it’s beyond satisfying without all the extras. I love this dish, eating it completely brought me back to another time and place. I plan to make this often just like I used to. A secret ingredient that I used to take this to the max, back when I was spending all of my money on food, was a low temp high quality tomato powder . Tomato powder with nutritional flakes is a billion dollar combination. If you’re a rich foodie I’d recommend trying it out. (In the photo the bowl doesn’t have the flakes so it’s not chzy but the plate behind it is very chzy)
1 Bunch of kale, 1-2 lemons or limes, 1 carrot, avocado, salt, nutritional flakes, chipotle powder or cayenne pepper (olive oil optional)
- Remove stem & chop kale or be a hippie and tear it apart by hand
- Pour juice from 1-2 fresh squeezed citrus and sprinkle with salt
- Chop or grate carrots then mix it all together in a bowl
- Slice or mash an avocado, scoop into the kale/carrot bowl. Sprinkle more salt and citrus juice onto the avocado. Mix avocado, maybe even get your hands in there. You want to breakdown the kale. A dash of olive oil would also be a nice touch.
- Sprinkle 1 or 2 TB of nutritional flakes and a dusting of chipotle powder. Mix again, maybe let it sit for a little bit to really bring out all of the flavors or just dig in. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below