Duuuuude, I love vegan comfort food. Heart, Heart. Heart. So this dish is super hands off and hella easy. Buy pre shredded (might not be the right word, it’s larger than grated) carrots, a bottle of BBQ sauce and crescent rolls in a can. You could put in a little bit of work if you want to slice some onion and jalapenos to bake with the carrots. I regret not adding fresh jalapeno. This isn’t my fav dish but there’s a lot of potential with this. I still like our Vegan Sloppy Joes best.
Small bag of shredded carrots (thicker than grated), 2 ts oil, .5 cup BBQ sauce and vegan crescent rolls (traders joes, whole foods, etc) onion & garlic powder optional
- Mix your bag of carrots with 2 ts oil with a sprinkle of salt and powdered spices
- Pour that onto a baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes or whenever the carrots have softened mix it in a bowl with.5 cup of BBQ. Divide into 4 parts.
- Open a can of crescent rolls and pull apart the 8 triangles. With your four piles of BBQ carrot you’ll spoon half of a pile onto a triangle. Fold the dough over the carrots and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 BBQ stuffed rolls at 350 degrees for about 25+ minutes. Make sure they’re nice and brown. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Veganosity.