After seeing that I could make amazing Vegan Chocolate Covered Almond Buckeye Balls while being 100% lazy it gave the the freedom to make Vegan Tagalongs. I didn’t make the cookies fresh but who gives a fuck? I used the left over chocolate from the buckeye recipe to dip these cookies. I will admit that there might have been a drop too much coconut oil added to the chocolate. The chocolate melts very easily in your fingers but it was required in order to have a relatively neat layer of coating. This recipe made 7 cookies and that was by design. 7 is plenty for Mark & me. If you want more then double or triple the recipe. The almond butter filling didn’t come out as dry as it did with the buckeyes, and they both came out great.
7 small cookies (gluten free optional), 4 TB almond butter (fuck peanut butter), 2.5 TB melted vegan butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2.5 oz chocolate chips, 1-1.5 ts coconut oil
- Mix 4 TB almond butter, 2.5 TB melted vegan butter & 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a bowl. Roll a tiny ball to see if it will hold it’s shape. If it does then move on to the next step. If it needs more powdered sugar to dry it out then add some. If it needs to cool in the fridge to help it hold it’s shape then try that too.
- Scoop a TB of the almond butter dough, roll it into a ball and flatten like a pancake about the same circumference as the cookie.
- Once all of the almond butter dough is on cookies place them on a baking sheet then in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil slowly and carefully. I used the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the cookies are very cold carefully dip them in chocolate. Place the cookie on top of the chocolate sauce and use a spoon to pour and coat the top. Carefully pick up the coated cookie with a fork and allow it to drip the extra chocolate sauce. Place cookie back on baking sheet.
- Once all cookies are coated place them back in the freezer for 30+ minutes. You can store them in the fridge. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below