For a minute there we were buying Trader Joe’s pizza dough 2-3 times a week. Dude, a lb of pizza dough for $1.19 is a ton of food for cheap. Plus it’s the perfect blank canvas. This pizza is sweet and smokey but needed a little more pineapple than I originally put on it. I’m already ready to make more. I love tahini but may drizzle olive oil over it next time…or leave the oil off all together. This recipe is for a personal size pizza which is half of a bag of dough.
8 oz store bought fresh pizza dough, 2 TB pasta sauce, 2 TB BBQ sauce, 1/2 can of chickpeas, slices of jalapeno & pineapple, olive oil, herbs and spices, flour, foil & spray oil, tahini (optional)
- Place cookie sheet in the oven on 425
- Mash chickpeas with a fork then mix in 2 TB BBQ sauce
- Lightly flour your work surface and your hands. Lightly sprinkle flour over your dough and form into a ball. Rotate dough clockwise while stretching it out whatever dough is in the drive’s hand.
- Spray foil with oil, place stretched dough on the foil. You can coat the pizza crust edge with olive oil to make it golden.
- Spread 2 TB of pasta sauce on dough. I added spices; onion powder, chipotle powder and fresh ground fennel. Put BBQ chickpeas on top, then slices of jalapeno & pineapple.
- I don’t have an exact time for baking. I wait til I smell the pizza cooking then keep an eye out for golden crust. Golden means done. 15-25 minutes? Drizzle with oil or tahini. ENJOY
For details on this recipe watch my video below