These are sooo good. After buying 4 boxes of dates for an unrelated video I needed to figure out the best way to eat a shit load of dates in a sitting. Maybe when I was 26 I could just eat a bowl of dates and maybe again when I’m 50 I’ll do that but not now. I did fuck up with this recipe. I used the same about of coconut oil I normally use to thin down chocolate but used way less chocolate chips than usual. The result was that there’s only a thin layer of chocolate over the date. (I adjusted the recipe to reflect a better ratio) To my surprise these are still super addicting. Next time I may start with 1/2 the amount of coconut oil it’s just tricky to thin it out enough without thinning it out too much. Alright, I’m done crying. I topped these with hemp seeds to break up the color. I used walnuts to stuff the dates since they’re creamer than almonds. Next time I’ll put a dash of salt.
18 dates, 24 grams of walnuts (18 pieces), 1 TB oil, 6 oz chocolate chips, toppings (hemp, nibs, fancy sauce, goji, etc)
- Remove all of the puts from the dates and ensure none are moldy or fermented. Lay your semi-pulled apart dates out on a lined cookie sheet.
- Stuff each date with a nut and pinch closed. Sprinkle with salt if you’re into that.
- Freeze cookie sheet with stuffed dates for about an hour or more
- Carefully melt 6 oz of chocolate chips with 1 TB of coconut oil. Less oil is fine but you want to thin it out enough to coat smoothly without it clumping up. Less oil means your final product will melt less in your fingers & be less messy.
- I used a toothpick to dip dates in chocolate and topped each date after they were coated. Freeze for about an hour. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below