I saw a picture of Taco French Bread pizza and was like, Hell YES! Since this is pretty low fat there’s a few things you can do to jazz it up. #1. Drizzle oil or mashed avocado all over this. #2 (skip the fat) Add more spices (onion/garlic powder) & hot sauce. I did neither and I wished I did both. I’m pumped to have another meal that uses beans.
French bread, 1 can refried beans, vegan cheese sauce (recipe below), olives, salsa, cilantro & additional flavors (lime, hot sauce, extra spices)
- Cut french bread in half and spread beans, vegan nacho cheese dip, olives, & salsa over the top. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so. Take out & garnish with cilantro. ENJOY!
Vegan Cheese Sauce: 3 med potatoes, 2 long carrots, water, salt, onion & garlic powder, 1 lime
- Boil or Steam 2 cups of peeled potatoes & 1 cup carrots
- Put cooked veggies in blender with 1/2 cup of water. Blend!
- Add 1-2 ts salt, 1/4 ts garlic powder. 1/4 ts onion powder & 1 TB citrus juice (I just used a whole lime)
- Add either 3 TB of oil OR water. Blend!
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional flakes. Blend! Add tiny amounts of water if it’s too thick to blend.