Dude yes! This is damn good. But I only made half a batch as shown in the photo. A whole batch would use the whole container of dough. I was lazy. The crusted dough is insane. Whole foods brand has vegan breadcrumbs. The texture was perfect. I CAN NOT put my finger on what these remind me of. If the texture or flavor remind you of something please let me know. I can’t stop thinking about it. Make These!!
crescent rolls, asparagus (I thawed frozen), Italian breadcrumbs
- I half ass thawed a bag of asparagus, drained any water and laid them on a paper towel
- After opening the crescent roll container I unrolled the two seconds. I divided those in half so that to triangles made a rectangle. I pinched closed any seems and rolled out the rectangle to be smooth.
- I cut thing long slices off the rectangle. I cut about 6 -7 thing slices.
- When all four rectangles have been cut into thin slices wrap the asparagus. I started at the top and rotated the asparagus with my right hand while guiding with my left hand. I using my left hand to twist around asparagus and it was less graceful but also got the job done.
- Roll and press the dough wrapped asparagus into breadcrumbs.
- I sprayed my cookie sheet with oil then arranged the veggies on it. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so. ENJOY!
For details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Simply Sated.