Potatoes & curry are the greatest combination ever. I need to make this more. The hands on prep time with this is pretty minimal. Boil, saute, stir. That’s pretty much it!
2.2 lbs potatoes, can of coconut milk, 1/3 cup tomato sauce, 2 TB olive oil, slice of onion, cumin seed, mustard seed, coriander powder, fenugreek powder, turmeric powder, salt & frozen peas
- Peel, chop, boil & drain potatoes
- Saute a chopped slice of onion in 1 TB of oil with a dash of salt
- Once onion starts to soften add 1 ts of cumin & mustard seed. After a couple minutes add a second TB of oil then 1 TB coriander powder & 1 ts turmeric. Mix well and take off heat.
- Mash the potatoes and add the spiced oil & onion to the potatoes. Mix well. Add salt to taste.
- In a small pot add a can of coconut milk & 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Mix in 1 ts turmeric, 1 ts fenugreek & 1 ts coriander powder. Mix well and salt to taste.
- Pour curry gravy on mashed potatoes & top with warm green peas. ENJOY!
For details on this recipe watch my below below