Decadent… insane!!!!!!!!! There’s got to be more words to describe how mind blowing this is. It’s completely over the top. It’s super creamy and salty with crispy toasted bread. This is the best grilled cheese known to man. I will admit that part of selling me on this product (diaya) was that #1 it’s soy free. I have a soy sensitivity that I generally don’t give a fuck about but this was “peace of mind” cheese so to speak. #2 a slice of daiya cheese apparently is 60 calories. I didn’t weigh the slices to verify but next time I’ll do the detective work. The flavor was insane so I kind of want to buy other flavors to see if anything of their chz products will stick to my shopping habits. I pretty much shop on autopilot and vegan cheese is not part of the repertoire. I might be turning a new leaf. I’m not sure yet. If I love this cheese enough I’ll justify the cost. I’m such a goddamn cheapskate who overspends at the grocery store. Ah, The Struggles.
Side Note: I made Vegan Jalapeno Cream Cheese Cornbread Muffins. You might want to get in on that.
2 slices of bread (thicker holds together better), vegan cheddar (I used FIVE diaya slices), guacamole, handful of tater tops, 1 TB vegan butter & basil (for garnish)
- Heat up your grill apparatus (skillet, waffle maker, foreman grill?) to med high. I used a vintage flat grill from the thrift store.
- Line a piece of bread with frozen tater tots to see how many will fit a sandwich. Place your tots on the grill. Grill until they’re crispy.
- While tots are cooking line both pieces of bread with cheese
- Put guacamole on top of the chz on one piece of bread
- With a spatula put your grilled tater tot patty on top of guac. Close the sandwich.
- Butter both sides of the grill or the outsides of the the breads. Grill until golden. Garnish with fresh basil! ENJOY