I’m pretty cheap so the idea of buying Starbucks daily, weekly or even monthly makes my eyes bleed. When I’m rich I’ll bathe in the stuff but until then I can’t hang. I assume World Market is in every strip mall USA. World Market has flavored syrups. The seasonal pumpkin pie spice syrup (sugar free & regular) just hit the shelves. I had Mark call them to see if they had any bottles in and sho nuff they did. I think I paid $7.99 for a large bottle of the sugar free/splenda bullshit which has 25 servings in it. Add in 2 TB of freshly roasted coffee beans & 8 oz of aldi brand almond milk and BAM! Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte for PENNIES. Everyone complained (my younger sister & Mark) that the sugar free syrup tasted weird. I think they were high. That shit tastes fine. Aspertame has a notable after taste, spenda does not. I should have bought regular since I was planning on sharing. Side note:for 15+ years I was to be completely against phony sweeteners. Thank god for finally becoming allergic of healthy eating. The world is mine! In the video below I explain where we got our espresso machine (thrift store) & milk frother (william sonoma) many years ago. Even if you paid full price for a top of the line espresso machine it would be worth it. Starbucks really is only for the rich and those who have their retirement fund on fleek.
2 TB of fresh roasted coffee beans, 8 oz of almond milk, 2 TB pumpkin spice syrup and pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Freshly grind your coffee beans. Tamp them into the little espresso filter.
- Pour 2 TB of syrup into your cup
- Either use your espresso machines steamer or use a milk frother (we love our breville). Make sure your almond milk is completely chilled. Chill your frothing cup with ice water. Pour out ice water and add 8 oz of almond milk to froth. If your frothing cup isn’t chilled your milk may not foam up.
- As soon as you’re ready to froth the milk pull the espresso shot so that both the coffee and milk are ready at the same time.
- Mix your espresso shot with the syrup then add your frothed milk on top. Garnish with spices. ENJOY
For more info watch my video below