The other day it occurred to me that I’ve been making vegan cheesecake all wrong. This is the recipe you’ll want for all your dairy free, egg free cheesecake needs. No bake recipes are gifts from the gods. I am not a baker. The recipe that I got this from (linked below) doesn’t show dry weight and only uses measuring cups. I’m pretty sure there’s at least a quarter cup difference between her sugar recommendation and what I ended up doing. I think her recipe called for more but I promise that my batch came out sweet enough. Also I didn’t have enough coconut cream to thin out the chocolate topping. Had I used 1/2 cup of coconut cream instead of a quarter cup then I think the top chocolate layer would have cut smoothly without cracking. It’s just aesthetics but I’ll put the proper measurements below.
43 oreos (25+10+8), 5 TB vegan butter, 1 can coconut cream, 1 container vegan cream cheese (I used daiya), 1 cup powdered sugar (120 grams), 1 cup chocolate chips (176 grams), 1/2 cup coconut cream (without the coconut water)
- Wrap your baking glass in foil so that you can remove the dessert & cut into bars when it’s ready
- Put 25 oreos and 5 TB of melted vegan butter in a food processor. Once cookies are completely crushed press the mixture into the bottom of the lined glass.
- Put a can of coconut cream (include the small amount of water in the can) & vegan cream cheese in the food processor. Blend smooth. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, blend smooth.
- Chop or break up 10 oreos and hand mix them into the cream cheese filling. Pour on top of the oreo crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- (Next day!) Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with a 1/2 cup of coconut cream. If the chocolate mixture is super hot let it cool down.
- Cut 8 oreos in half. Pour the chocolate mixture on top, smooth it out then insert the cookies into the top.
- Cool for a couple hours then cut into bars. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Delightful Made.