It’s been FORRRREVVVVERRRR since I’ve made fruit and nut bars. Well, I guess I did make some a year ago but not like these. I used to live on homemade Lara Bar styled bars. Dates & nuts, people. Nothing fancy. I bought some coconut flakes a while back but crapped out on using them so today was the day to go in a different coconut different. Chocolate coconut bars. Had I used cacao powder instead of cocoa powder this bitch would have been super hippie.
29 pitted dates (410 grams), 35 grams almonds (small handful), 25 grams walnuts (sprinkle of nuts), 3/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded, 68 grams), 20 grams/4 TB cocoa powder
- Process dates in a food processor. Pulse to break them up.
- Add nuts and pulse til those are broken up
- Add cocoa powder & coconut flakes and processes a lot. I stopped and scrapped the sides down a few times. I kept processing til my “dough” was on the smoother side but you could go with a more chunky, nutty texture.
- Remove from food processor. Lay out flat and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Cut into bars. Garnish with coconut flakes. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. Recipe was inspired by A Treats Affair.