I love these! Mark said they reminded him of Kind bars but I’m not sure if I’ve had those before. I was really skeptical of this recipe because the bars don’t have chocolate. Oh, maybe next time I’ll dip them in chocolate or drizzle some on top. I don’t know, they’re pretty perfect as is. One bite of the finish product and my mind was blown. Let’s all take a minute and thank Minimalist Baker for the recipe (linked below). And it’s worth noting that this is a recipe any jackass can follow. I did made it all the way through and was a better person for it. I LOVE THESE!
16 pitted dates (220 grams), 1/4 cup agave (84 grams), 1/4 cup almond butter (64 grams), 1 cup almonds (112 grams), 1.5 cups oatmeal (135 grams)
- I toasted the oatmeal and almonds on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Toasting is optional but well worth the awesome flavors it brings.
- I chopped my almonds after toasting
- Put dates in food processor. Processes til it a ball
- Microwave almond butter & agave for 30-45 seconds
- Hand mix everything together then press into an 8 X 8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours then cut into bars. ENJOY!
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by Minimalist Baker.