What makes Quest Bars special is that they have a weird & distinct flavor & texture. Plus they’re bare bones as far as fill goes. Protein + Syrup = Done. <– Perfect but not quite hippie enough for folks in the V-Club. I’ve read that different protein powders will determined the graininess of the bar. Some powders are not as fine as other. I have no idea which powders are magic and which are not. I just bought some single packets of vegan vanilla protein powder by Garden of Life. 1 packet is exactly what is needed for one bar. How easy is that! Then add 55 grams of heated Fiber Yum syrup and you’re 90% there.
ONE COOKIE: 55 grams yum fiber syrup (bought on ebay for $20), 1 packet/scoop protein powder (30 grams) + any add in (1-2 crushed oreos, 10 grams of chocolate chips, sprinkles or dried fruit & spices)
- Prep all of your add ins before heating up the syrup.
- Microwave your syrup for 30 seconds
- Mix in protein powder
- Pour the dough out onto a non-stick surface. Knead if needed to get all the powder to incorporate into dough.
- Mix in cookies to make cookies n cream. Push chocolate chips on top to make cookie dough. Push sprinkles on top to make cake batter.
- I cut a plastic sandwich bag in half then used that to help better form the perfect bar shape as shown in the video.
- Chill in fridge for a couple hours. I cut the sides of the bar to give them a factory finish (optional).
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This recipe was inspired by The Diet Kitchen (DK).