I had a bunch of left over ingredients from our Vegan McDonalds recipe video so I figured we might as well eat up. Todays menu is straight up L-A-Z-Y and 100% unplanned. Does that show?
I started today with 16 oz unsweetened almond milk because my calcium consumption sucks. I slowly mixed protein powder (23 grams of powder for 17 grams of protein) into the almond milk. I was worried that if I just poured the powder into a full glass of almond milk the powder would just clump up. I have no idea. My pour-slowly method worked out but there was still clumped which reminded me of little balls of cookie dough! I usually just mix protein powder into a smoothie or banana ice cream. Chocolate protein powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk was surprisingly good! I’d do that again.
Breakfast: 16 oz unsweetened almond milk + chocolate protein powder
Lunch: Vegan Cheddar Sausage Patties + Fries (split all of this with my husband)
I’ve been buying potatoes kind of regularly and really been avoiding them like the plague. I seriously am on the absolute lowest end of my calorie consumption being that I’m just a couple lbs away from bumping my calories back up to maintenance. When the choice is between a delicious plate of glorious potato wedges or some junk food I’ve been picking the latter. Potatoes sound good but chocolate often sounds better. I re-plated this dish a thousand times trying to get a picture I loved. Can’t win them all.
potatoes (680 grams), 1 TB oil, fries seasoning salt ( I’m obsessed with Adam’s “Burgers, fries & more seasoning”), 2 TB vegenaise, 1 TB ketchup, 4 slices vegan cheddar (I used daiya), 10 oz vegan sausage (I used lightlife), lettuce
- Chop potatoes into desired shape. Coat with 1 TB oil. Dust with seasoning salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Divide meatless sausage into 4 patties. Grill then top with vegan cheese. Melt cheese in oven under broiler.
- Mix 2 TB vegan mayo with 1 TB ketchup for dipping sauce
- Plate patties on lettuce. Pair the fries with dipping sauce. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. ENJOY
Dinner: Almond Butter & Jelly Sandwich + Apples & Cinnamon
bread, jelly, almond butter, apple, cinnamon
- Take 2 pieces of bread. I only had 1 full slice of bread and an end piece left.
- 2 TB strawberry jelly and 1 TB almond butter spread on bread and cut in half.
- Chop apple into slices and sprinkle with cinnamon. ENJOY
Snack: Grilled veggies
bag of frozen veggies, flax oil, seasoning salt
- Grill a full bag of frozen veggie. (I used my beloved Foreman grill)
- Once cooked drizzle 1/2 TB of flax seed oil over the top. Sprinkle with seasoning salt (one mentioned above). Mix & ENJOY
Here’s more of my What I Eat In A Day posts. Video of todays feast below.