Cheap eats as always! There’s a video below of me making all these goodies. I will admit that trying to up my smoothie skills is flipping hard. I’m open to any tips you guys have. Practice I think might be the only way through.
Vegan Pink Blue Smoothie
I’ve really been digging these frozen fruit smoothies. One thing worth talking about is the endless potential that I’m trying to tap into with my ebay bought blue spirulina.
1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup frozen raspberries (150 grams), 2 bananas (not frozen, 300 grams), 3 caps of blue spirulina
- Pour 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk into a blender. Blend with 1 fresh banana.
- Pour a little less than half of the banana almond milk smoothie into a cup
- With the half of the smoothie still in the blender add 1 cup of frozen raspberry. Blend til smooth then pour the raspberry smoothie into a cup.
- Rinse the blender and pour the banana/almond milk smoothie back into the blender. Add 1 fresh banana and empty 3 spirulina caps intot he blend. Blend til smooth.
- Layer the blue smoothie and the raspberry smoothie in a cup. ENJOY
I can not say enough good and obvious stuff about tortilla chips and salsa. There’s no salsa in the pictures but believe I added it before eating. Nachos are so easy and pretty freaking cheap. Hell yes. Fat and salt for life. <3
2 servings of chips (2 oz), 2 slices of vegan cheese (I love daiya slices, not their shredded chz), 1 serving of canned refried beans, 1/2 can of diced tomatoes and green chilis, salsa, green onions and cilantro
- Lay chips on a cookie sheet
- Break vegan cheese slices up and place it on the chips
- Add refried beans and diced tomatoes with chilis
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until chz is melted
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro and green onion. Top with salsa. ENJOY
I love salads with cilantro lime rice and beans. I’ve made an even better chipotle bowl than this one. It had refried beans and mango salsa but I didn’t have either so that limited what I was able to make today.
1 bag of greens, 1 serving of guacamole (mini pre-made cup from aldi), 1 serving dry rice, water, lime, cilantro, 1/2 TB oil, salt, 1/2 can of beans, salad dressing optional
- Cook 1 serving of rice. Once cooked add 1/2 TB oil, juice from lime and chopped cilantro with a dash of salt (cilantro and lime juice to taste)
- Add lettuce to a bowl. Top with cooked rice and 1/2 can of beans rinsed. Top with guacamole. Add salad dressing if you want. ENJOY
Here’s more of my What I Eat In A Day posts. Video of todays feast below.