I really needed something simple and lazy to eat. Mark split a bunch of this with me.
Vegan Smoothie Bowl
Frozen fruit from Aldi’s makes it millionth grand entrance. I threw the blueberries and raspberries in frozen but you could thaw them out 30 minutes before hand.
280 grams mixed frozen fruit (mango, pineapple, strawberry), 90 grams frozen berries (raspberry + blueberry), 1.5 TB agave, dash of water, hemp seeds
- In a food processor (or fancy blender) processes the mixed frozen fruit with a dash of cold water and 1.5 TB agave
- Pour in a bowl
- Top with frozen berries and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. ENJOY
Vegan Flatbread Snack – Jelly Almond Butter + Guacamole
So I’m new to the cheap flatbread that Aldi sells. Dude, it’s soooo low in calorie compared to traditional tortillas. Plus it has 9 grams of protein. SAY WHAT?!
I was really craving PB&J but didn’t want to make a whole meal out of it. Not to mention how much I crave salty after eating sweet and vise versa. So this sweet and salty mini lunch was legit. I did go a little crazy with the toppings. So freaking good. I’m ready for more!
1 flatbread, 2 TB almond butter, 2 TB raspberry jam, 34 grams of vegan yogurt, sprinkle of sliced almonds and chia seeds, drizzle of chocolate sauce + 1 serving of guacamole
- Cut flatbread in half
- Put guacamole on one side
- Put almond butter, jam, drizzle of vegan yogurt & chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of almond slices and chia seeds. ENJOY
Vegan Chickpea Salad Wrap
I had a bunch of chickpeas & fresh dill left over. I really wanted to enjoy another flatbread so here we go. If I had fresh onion I would have added it to this.
162 grams chickpeas (canned, drained and rinsed), 4.5 TB vegan mayo, celery, dill, celery seed, pickles, tomato, flat bread
- Mash chickpeas with a fork. Mix in vegan mayo.
- Chop celery and dill. Add that and celery seed to the chickpea mix.
- Add sliced tomatoes and pickles to flatbread. Put chickpeas on top. Wrap and ENJOY
Vegan Protein Pudding Mousse
This was experimental. I have a bunch of vegan almond yogurt which is not my favorite. The yogurt doesn’t have the best texture, it’s okay but not great. Since there’s no tartness it worked out perfectly for this. The scoop of vegan protein powder is chocolate flavored but you really couldn’t taste it. Chocolate sauce is a must! (or use agave + cocoa powder)
1 cup almond vanilla yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder (23 grams), 2 TB chocolate sauce
- Mix protein powder into the yogurt then mix it chocolate sauce. ENJOY
Here’s more of my What I Eat In A Day posts. Video of todays feast below.