I can’t believe how good these soups were. I can’t tell you the last time I made soup. Maybe 6 years ago. No, there’s a few soups on the blog but here I really made soup. 6 years ago I was making soup out of habit. And man, I’m in love!!! Soup for life. I need to make these recipes a habit! Soup = Underrated
I didn’t have time to add an ingredient list to the video but will try to keep on that for the future. All ingredients are listed below in the recipes.
Vegan Mushroom Kale Soup
This was the first soup we made in this vegan soup series. Dear god I love soup and didn’t know it. This made 2 larger servings. Each serving was only a couple hundred calories or so. Fucking bomb. Now I threw a bunch of stuff in here because I needed to clean out my fridge. Throw in whatever you need to get out of your fridge. The main ingredients were a ton of mushrooms. The kale was frozen so I didn’t need to add it but the soup definitely needs as much bulk as possible. I added a TON of ginger because I love ginger especially in broth so you may want less. I would say all the herbs here are optional.
12 oz mushrooms (342 grams), 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 red bell pepper, 1/2 zucchini (150 grams), handful baby carrots (104 grams), 1 TB oil, 2 TB soy sauce, 2 TB agave, bouillon cube, 1/2 bag frozen kale (200 gram), fresh herbs (ginger, basil, dill, cilantro), salt, 2 cups water
- Chop and dice all of your fresh veggies & herbs up. Finely grate ginger.
- Saute onion, garlic and red bell pepper with salt and oil. Once soft add carrots. Give carrots a few minutes to cook with salt. Add zucchini. Give zucchini a few minutes to cook with salt.
- Add mushrooms and add just enough water to cover. Add bouillon, soy sauce and sweetener.
- Cover pot with lid until carrots and everything is soft. Add frozen kale, herbs and ginger. Let simmer for a few more minutes. ENJOY
Vegan Smokey Thick Black Bean Soup
This was so awesome. Since I got almost everything (expect vegan sour cream) at Aldi this was cheap as fuck. I’m thinking maybe $3 for this. This was 2 larger servings. Smokey bean soup was so thick and warm. Super filling. I love smokey food! This was inspired by Fat Free Vegan Blog.
1 can refried beans, 1 can black beans, 1 TB oil, 1/2 onion (82 grams), 1 garlic clove, 1/4 red bell pepper (34 grams), 2/3 cup frozen corn (93 grams), 1 bouillon cube, 1/2 ts chipotle or smoked paprika, hot sauce, lime, can diced tomato, 1 cup water (or more), salt, cilantro, + garnish (vegan sour cream & cilantro)
- Chop onion, garlic and red bell pepper. Saute with 1 TB oil and salt.
- Once everything is soft add everything else to the pot. Stir well to break up the refried beans. Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors blend. ENJOY
Vegan Ramen Soup – Gluten Free
This was sooooo good. I only had 3 oz of rice vermicelli so this was 1 bowl of soup. Or 2 small side bowls. I love this. Everyone already loves ramen so it’s fair to say I’m showing up to the party late. So easy and good. I made a vegan/paleo ramen just like this but with spaghetti squash for a lower carb option a while ago.
1 garlic clove, onion slice, slice of red bell pepper, 3 baby carrots, 1/4 large portabello, fresh ginger, 1 TB soy sauce, 1 TB agave, 1 TB sesame seed oil, vegan chicken bouillon, 2 cups water, 3 oz rice vermicelli, something green (kale, green onion, boy choy, etc), salt, rice vinegar (optional)
- Chop garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, green veggies and mushroom. Grate ginger finely.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil with salt. Saute carrots with salt. Remove everything you just sauteed. Saute green veggies unless it’s green onion. Add mushrooms and a sprinkle of soy sauce. Saute til soft then remove.
- Add cooked onions and garlic back to the pot. Add water, soy sauce, agave, ginger, splash of rice vinegar and bouillon. Once water heats up add pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked add pasta and broth to a bowl. Place veggies around the pasta. ENJOY
Best Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Oh My Fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkking God. I don’t know if this was the correct texture. I’ve never had cream of broccoli soup before so I wasn’t sure if it was suppose to be completely pureed or not. I went with a little texture but that doesn’t matter. What matters is how good this soup is. The pictures doesn’t do this justice. All of the recipes I’ve seen suggest soaked cashews. Do you really think I’m going to soak some cashews over night?! I’m not. If I have to prep shit overnight then it’s already too many steps. I mean letting coconut pie sit overnight before you can eat is 100% fine but pre-soaking cashews. Ah, no. This was profound. I really wish I made twice the amount. I would make this every night of the week. Dude, serious. This only makes one bowl so you’ll want to double the recipe. This was inspired but Food Faith Fitness’s Blog.
DOUBLE THIS RECIPES, bro
1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 TB oil, salt, vegan chicken bouillon, 1/2 bag of frozen chopped broccoli, 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk, 3 TB coconut cream from a can (trader joes)
- Saute onion and garlic with oil and salt
- Put frozen broccoli on a pot. Add bouillon, almond milk and coconut cream.
- Optional: Remove a couple of warm pieces of broccoli from the pot for garnish
- Once broccoli is warm & soft carefully blend everything in a blender to your desired texture.
- Pour in bowl and garnish. ENJOY
Vegan Green Lentil Vegetable Soup
I love lentils but rarely eat them these days. This was so easy to make. I need more lentils in my life. Any bean that doesn’t need soaking is a friend of mine. You can blend this to make it smooth. That sounds good too. Throw any veggies in you’d like. This made 2 large bowls.
1/4 onion (76 grams), 1 garlic clove, 2 stalks celery (108 grams), 1 TB oil, 1/4 red bell peper (70 grams), 1 cup green lentils dry (206 grams), 3 cups water, 2 handfuls of baby carrots (126 grams), 1/2 canned diced tomatoes, 1 ts Italian spices, salt, bouillon cube
- Chop veggies. Saute onion, garlic and bell pepper in oil and salt.
- Once they’re soft add everything else to the pot. Cook for 35-45 minutes until lentils & carrots are soft.
- Salt to taste. ENJOY
Vegan Red Lentil + Spinach Coconut Curry Soup
This was on the thicker side. This is not crazy creamy like this curry or ultra creamy like this super creamy cheesy coconut curry. You could make those recipes and add in dry red lentils & water (1 part beans to 3 part water). Or you could go much lower in fat with this curry red lentil soup. I decked this dish out with 1/3rd of a bag of frozen chopped spinach.
This recipes was inspired by vegangela. Her recipe is much creamier than mine so check her’s out!
1/2 cup lentils (110 grams), 1.5 cup water (or more!), 4 TB coconut cream (or more!), 1/2 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 ts red curry paste (optional), 1 ts of each of the following: chili powder, coriander powder, cumin, turmeric, salt to taste, 1/3rd bag baby carrots, 1/3 bag frozen spinach, vegan sour cream for garnish
- Throw everything in a pot except the spinach. Bring to a boil then simmer for 35 -45 minutes.
- Once carrots and lentils are soft add in spinach. Once frozen spinach is heated (or fresh spinach is wilted) turn off heat and serve. Garnish with vegan sour cream. ENJOY