For real, I’m trying to spend less money on food til we hand over our hard earned cash to the IRS. So a portion of this was made with the magic of leftovers. Hail not spending money when you’re not really a rich bitch (yet). As soon as we’re out of IRS debt I’m going to eat a goddamn vegan donut for a fancy bakery that I just found out about.
Vegan Dragon Fruit (Pitaya) Pink Smoothie Bowl
That color turns my heart on fire. Unreal beauty!!! I just bought a couple of star cookie cutters because I’m clearly influenced by instagram. Cutting up a LaraBar was kind of a clusterfuck so prepare to shape it with your fingers after cutting it out. I bought some dark chocolate from trader joes. Gaaa-rrrrossssssssssssss. Way too dark. I couldn’t even eat it. I do have plans on what I’m going to do with the rest of the bar to make it edible so stay tuned.
1/2 fresh banana (64 grams), 1/2 LaraBar (chocolate cookie dough), 2 squares of vegan chocolate, sprinkle of hemp seeds & oil-free granola (recipe here), raspberry coconut yogurt, 166 grams frozen bananas, 166 grams frozen dragon fruit, 1 TB agave
- Prep your toppings: Cut larabar into shapes, slice fresh banana, chocolate squares
- Gather toppings: granola, hemp seeds & vegan yogurt
- Put frozen banana & dragon fruit in food processor with 1 TB agave. Process til smoothie.
- Put smoothie in bowl. Add toppings. ENJOY
Vegan Sloppy Joes with Lentils + Quinoa
I had some cooked quinoa and 1/2 can of lentils left over from our 6 Vegan Burger Recipes. And a bun & vegan cheesy. The only think I could think to do was make sloppy joes. Dude, hella good! These made 2 large portions.
176 grams COOKED quinoa, 1/2 can lentils (130 grams), 118 grams BBQ sauce (4 TB?), 2 TB tomato paste, 1/2 ts cumin, 1/4 ts chipotle (optional), ground pepper, vegan cheese, buns
- I heated up my beans and quinoa in the microwave then mixed in BBQ sauce, tomato paste and spices
- Put your vegan sloppy joe mix on a bun. Top with vegan cheese & broil til chz melt. ENJOY
Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes + Green Beans
The stuffed contents are green beans & baby carrots. And vegan butter. I saw the mixed veggies in the freezer section of Aldi. I’m always on the look out for a large bag of frozen veggies to throw on my thrift store Foreman for a hands off meal. I had a couple sweet potatoes needing to be cooked so it just made sense to give this a try. Very tasty! Mark ate his but didn’t seem as dazzled with this as I was.
2 sweet potatoes, 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies, 2 TB vegan butter, black pepper, salt
- Bake sweet potatoes. I put mine in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes then turn off the oven without opening the oven door. Leave in for about 15 minutes or until veggies are cooked.
- Cook frozen veggies
- Top cooked veggies & salt on the sweet potato, add vegan butter & black pepper. ENJOY
Here’s more of my What I Eat In A Day posts. Video of todays feast below.