5 containers of veggie meal prep for monday – friday lunch or dinner.
I don’t think seitan is required when making this veggie meal prep. You could add more veggies or beans but I find the level of fullness after eating seitan pretty hard to beat. Last time I made meal prep with just veggies and rice it felt like it was missing something. Protein bitch.
I prepped all of this in 2 hours while filming. I bet you could do this in half the time if you stayed focused. Need some conformation on the safest way to cook, store and reheat meal prep? Still Tasty is the website for you! Also I got these containers on ebay (cheaper than amazon!).
I forgot to mention in the video that I will be using some sort of store bought sauce (aldi brand teriyaki!). I like making simple seitan sausage then adding sauce, never plan.
Vegan Buddha Bowl Meal Prep Macros (each):
12.6 fat g
76.6 carbs g
32 protein g
If you don’t have access to gluten flour just watch a youtube video on how to make homemade gluten from scratch/flour. Gluten flour is made from regular wheat flour but it has to be transformed via water. Magick
5 servings rice (225 grams), 1 massive sweet potato (600 grams), 5 small broccoli crowns (425 grams), 4 TB oil, salt, 5 servings or 150 grams gluten flour, 40 grams chickpea flour, 1 vegan chicken broth cube (optional), 1 ts garlic, 1 ts onion powder, 1 ts salt, 1 mango
Make things in this order: seitan, veggies, rice. DONE
- Mix gluten flour & chickpea flour with onion powder, garlic powder & 1 ts salt. Then mix with about 1 cups water. You may not need all of the water or you may need more. Pour slowly. Your dough should be a firm ball. Add more gluten flour if your dough is moist, sticky or not forming a solid ball.
- Form a gluten dough ball and cut into 5 pieces. Wrap up each little gluten loaf in foil. Steam your 5 mini loafs for 45 minutes.
- Cook rice. I rinsed my dry rice well. I added a vegan chicken broth cube to the water.
- Add peeled & chopped mango on top of rice once rice is in the container.
- Chop broccoli & sweet potato
- Mix with oil
- Pour on cookie sheet (keep each veggies seprate) and sprinkle with salt
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes then remove broccoli. Add sweet potatoes back to the oven until sweet potatoes are cooked. Maybe another 30 minutes.
This was inspired by Ambitious Kitchen