Here are some things that these cookies have that oreo cookies do not:
#1 vegan cream cheese cream filling
#2 soft pillowy chocolate cookies
And the things that oreos does have are two chocolate cookies with a cream filling. Legit.
Crispy, crunchy cookies are fan-freaking-tastic but I love soft cookies. It’s like a mini cake or a whoopie pie but in cookie form.
*I did find the cookies a tad bit grainy from the sugar. I have no idea if I should have creamed the sugar & vegan butter better or not used brown sugar and only white. I really don’t know but I promise these are the best cookies on the planet. The end.
I am the worst baker but this cookie recipe by Liv’s Healthy Life (linked below) is flawless! <3
I made 5 huge cookies but feel free to make mini cookies!
Thick Pillowly Soft Vegan Chocolate Cookies:
1/2 cup vegan butter (whole mini stick, 84 grams), 1 cup sugar (I used half brown/half white, 230 grams), 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 ts vanilla extract, 1 & 3/4 cup flour, 4 TB cocoa powder, 1 ts baking powder, 1 ts baking soda
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar together
- Mix in almond milk and vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl then add to the everything else. Mix well. The mixture will seem dry or super thick but keep going. It will come together!
- Roll large pieces of dough and place on a cookie sheet. I rolled 10 balls and used 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes
- Allow to cool then place in fridge until completely cool!
- Pipe vegan cream cheese filling between two cookies. ENJOY
Cookie recipe inspired by Liv’s Healthy Life
Vegan Cream Cheese Filling:
1 container vegan cream cheese (I love daiya brand), 1/2 cup powdered sugar (80 grams), tiny dash of vanilla extract optional
- Mix vegan cream cheese with powdered sugar. Taste to see if it’s sweet enough, add more powdered sugar if you want. Vanilla extract is optional.
- Put filling in a piping bag or sandwich bag. Place bag in fridge til cookies are completely cooled.
- Put a generous amount of filling on 5 cookies and top with another cookie. ENJOY
Cream cheese filling inspired by Typically Simple