These are the easiest finger foods to make. Do you need an after school snack or some appetizers for your party (party of 1)? Help yo-self. 🙂
Vegan Corn Dog Nuggets (Vegan Pigs In A Blanket)
Not really corn but that’s what the blogger to the original recipe (linked below) called it so I’ll stick with that. That was my first time trying the Field Roast frankfurters. Usually I don’t buy shit from the hippie section because of my lame soy sensitivity but I need to start looking more because these are soy free options (no one cares) there once I really looked. These very much inspire me to want to step up my seitan game. I like making lazy, flavorless seitan but I think it would be in my best interest to at least know how to recreate these. Total game changer!
4 veggie dogs (I used field roast frankfurters), 1 roll crescent rolls (I used Immaculate brand), Italian bread crumbs optional)
- Cut each of the 4 veggie dogs into 8 pieces
- Lay crescent dough out and press all of the seams together (as shown in the video)
- Cut dough into enough pieces for each veggie dog bites
- Wrap dough around the vegan meat. If dough doesn’t easy stretch then let it warm up to room temperature to become more pliable.
- You can roll them in seasoned bread crumbs if you’d like. I did half with bread crumbs and half without.
- Bake at 400 degrees til golden brown (8-10 minutes). ENJOY
Inspired by Lilluna
Vegan Samosa Flautas
I’ve made these before and really loved the recipe. Here’s a great recipe for those who love potatoes and need more ways to prepare them. Samosas are usually fried but these are baked. So easy!!!
5 small potatoes, 2 TB vegan butter, 2 ts turmeric, 2 ts cumin, 2 ts coriander, 2 ts fenugreek, 1 ts onion powder, 1 ts salt, 1/2 ts garlic powder, tortillas (large or small), extra oil to grease tray & roll tortillas
- Chop and boil 5 small potatoes (25 oz) for about 25-35 minutes
- Drain potatoes once soft and mash with at least 2 TB of vegan butter
- In a small bowl put 2 ts of each of the follow: turmeric, cumin, coriander, fenugreek then add 1 ts of onion powder, 1 ts salt, 1/2 ts garlic powder. We also added some cayenne pepper. Mix well then add to the mashed potatoes.
- You can take this to the max with sauteed onions, fried cumin & mustard seed, spinach and peas. I kept this simple.
- Grease your baking sheet with 2.5 TB oil
- Place 8 tortillas on a plate and stuff them with the potato filling
- Roll up your stuff tortilla then roll them in the baking sheet oil. Sprinkle with salt!
- Bake seam side down for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve with salsa or Vegan Fat Free Ranch! ENJOY
Vegan Ham + Cheese Pockets
This was supposed to be pizza pockets but vegan pepperoni was completely out of stock. I actually emailed the company asking when they predicted the shelves would be restocked. Dude, tofurky’s manufacturing situation is a little fucked right now (they wrote me back the details) but it’s growing pains. I’m happy things are coming together for them. Long story short pizza flavor wasn’t going to happen. This flavor combo was my last minute improv (thus using veggie dogs instead of “ham”) but I’m pretty sure this came out way better than the pizza combo would have. This was SOOOO good! And that melted cheese! Dude you see the videos?! Epic.
brick of vegan cheese 7 oz (I used follow your heart provolone), vegan deli slices (I sliced a vegan hot dog), container of vegan crescent rolls (I used Immaculate brand), Italian bread crumbs, spray oil
- Cut vegan cheese into 8 pieces
- Unroll crescent rolls into their 8 individual pieces. With the warmth of your hand stretch the dough a little bit to fit the cheese slices.
- Lay vegan cheese and vegan deli slices on a piece of dough. Wrap them up.
- Roll stuffed dough into bread crumbs
- Spray each roll with spray oil
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes til golden. Feel free to broil for a minute or two at the end. ENJOY