This all started when I saw a vegan white mac and cheese recipe (linked below) floating around on instagram. I was like, oh hell yes. I did add my favorite vegan mac and cheese recipe at the bottom. It’s a recipe I’ve shared many times on this blog but I always think someone new is going to roll up and I need to point them in the right direction.
These could be good college recipes since each recipe serves 1 person. Comfort food here we come.
Vegan White Mac & Cheese
Here it is. The recipe that inspired this all in the first place. But I can’t follow a recipe for shit so this is my version. Definitely check out the original linked below! I bought some seitan from the store because 1. I’m lazy and 2. I’m curious how professional seitan makers make their’s taste. But I’m 3. cheap so I need to get back to making my own seitan.
If you’re new to seitan check out some of my seitan recipes. It’s shockingly easy to make basic seitan sausages or seitan asian chicken. It’s too easy not to make it at home for a fraction of the price.
I still need to up my seitan game. That’s to come in the future.
4 oz dry pasta, 1 TB vegan butter, 1 TB flour, 2/3 cup plain almond milk, 2 oz vegan cream cheese, 2 slices vegan cheese, sprinkle of garlic powder, squeeze of lemon or lime juice + 2 oz seitan with buffalo wing sauce
- Melt vegan butter in a pot. Add 1 TB of flour into the vegan butter. Brown the flour a little.
- Slowly whisk almond milk into the pot. Add vegan cream cheese and vegan cheese slices.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder, a dash of lime juice. Add cooked pasta. Taste to see if you want salt or pepper.
- Mix seitan chunks with buffalo wing sauce and add it to the pasta. ENJOY
Inspired by This Savory Vegan
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
I’ve been wanting to do pizza pasta for a while. Actually I might do this another way in the future so don’t act like you’ve never seen this before when that day comes. Man, I’m going to play around with tapioca cheese recipes and see what else I can come up with. This was just the standard stretchy vegan mozzarella that you see on all the blogs. It looks good but I was surprised by how legit it was! Definitely Make this!
4 oz dry pasta, slices of vegan pepperoni or vegan sausage (I used chipotle seitan feildroast), pasta sauce
tapioca mozzarella cheese: 1/2 cup cashews (2oz, soaked overnight), 1 cup water or plain almond milk, 2.5 TB tapioca flour, 1 TB oil (I used buttery coconut oil), 3/4 ts salt, 1/2 lemon or lime juice
- Soak cashews if you don’t have a fancy blender like me. Soak overnight.
- Drain cashews. Add everything to the blender and blend til smooth.
- Pour in a pot on med or med/high. Keep mixing but once it thickens turn off heat. This could get clumpy or take a couple forms before being smooth and stretchy.
- Add pasta sauce on top of cooked pasta. Add your vegan tapioca cheese on top of pasta sauce then add vegan pepperoni. ENJOY
Inspired by Vedged Out
Vegan Smokey Mac & Cheese
I love this recipe. I try not being too repetitive on the blog but if we’re talking about vegan mac and cheese this one has to be mentioned. You can totally make this regular (not spicy or smokey) but I love this with chipotle peppers. I’ve been making this for a couple years now but I used to skimp on the oil just because I was being cheap with my calories. This is a good fat free recipe if you’re into that but this is on another planet once you add oil. Now I ALWAYS add oil, it really makes this so much better.
1 med potatoes peeled & chopped (150 grams), 75 grams baby carrots, water, 1/4 ts onion powder, 1/4 ts garlic powder, juice from 1/2 lemon or lime, 2 TB nutritional flakes (optional), 1.5 TB oil, 1/4 small can of chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (add slowly! This can get spicy fast!), salt is optional, 4 oz dried pasta
- Boil potatoes and carrots til soft (about 25 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes then add to the blender.
- Add everything else to the blender. Use the least amount of water because you’ll want this on the thicker side. Add small amounts of chipotle pepper at a time. Blend and taste to see if it’s spicy or salty enough.
- Once sauce is ready pour over pasta and mix with the pasta.