All of these desserts were served at a small vegan friendsgiving with the homies. I love a good food party where everyone brings something to the potluck. I also made some savory dishes which I’ll show you next post. I loved the look of these super cute pinterest desserts.
Every time I’d see someone taking a bite out of the dessert turkey leg I would trip out. EVERY DAMN TIME! It was pure novelty taken to the max!
Vegan Peanut Butter Acorn Truffles
These were so good. I used almond butter but any nut butter will work fine. The more oil you add to the chocolate the smoother your chocolate will dip but the faster they’ll melt in your fingers. Always a tricky choice to make between function and form.
- Mix nut butter with melted vegan butter and vanilla
- Mix in powdered sugar til well incorporated
- Add almond milk and mix til smooth
- Form acorn shaped balls and place in freezer til hard
- Melt vegan chocolate with oil. More oil will make it smoother to dip but messier to eat.
- Full coat each ball with chocolate and place back in freezer til hard
- Chop nuts and cut pretzels
- Melt additional chocolate if needed to dip the tops
- Hold each ball upside down and dip the top with chocolate. Roll in nuts and poke pretzels on the top.
- Chill til chocolate hardens. ENJOY
inspired by Sweet Spicy Kitchen
Vegan Deluxe Puppy chow
Maybe I’ve never had these before but dude these are soooooooo good! And the mouth feel is amazing. Surprisingly fun to eat. Feel free to add any kind of vegan candy you’d like. I couldn’t find much fancy candy choices at whole foods but I found all of these at natural grocer.
- Melt vegan chocolate with oil then mix well with the cereal
- Pour powdered sugar into a large plastic bag
- Add cereal and mix til well coated
- Pour in a bowl and top with candy. ENJOY
inspired by Our Messy Table
Vegan Rice Crispy Tofurkey Legs
I kept worrying that they’d come out rock hard and be inedible. I’m very self conscious of my rice crispy game. But they were perfect! While making them I melted some old ass vegan marshmallows that had already started breaking down into blobs of sugar nuggets while in the pantry. I figured it would’t matter once melted but it didn’t get the job done. I did have a brand new bag of vegan marshmallows from trader joes that I started melting with vegan butter. And the second batch saved the first batch from not holding together. If you have a perfect rice crispy treat recipe feel free to follow that one instead.
- Melt vegan white chocolate add at least 1 ts oil. The more oil you add the smoother the white chocolate will be. *I melted enough to fill a small cup.
- Dip the very tips of the pretzels with vegan white chocolate and attach 2 mini vegan marshmallows to the ends. Place in freezer til hard (5 minutes).
- I added additional oil to smooth out the white chocolate at this point. I dipped each pretzel in white chocolate and coated about half of it. Place back in freezer.
- Make rice crispies by melting vegan butter with vegan marshmallows. Mix rice cereal into the melted sugary goodness. If your final product looks too dry then melt more vegan butter with marshmallows and add to it. If too marshmallowly then add extra cereal.
- Remove pretzels from freezer. You can break off the extra part of the pretzel to make them shorter. As soon in the video you’ll grab a ball of crispies and form it around the pretzel. ENJOY
inspired by Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons