Here it is! The part 2 to my Friendsgiving party! If you didn’t catch the cute pinterest worthy no bake Vegan Desserts I made for this potluck be sure to hike on over. Whatever party or holiday gathering you have coming up these are some good finger foods to serve.
Vegan Meat and Cheese Tray
I saw it on pinterest and had to make it my own! How to make a beautiful cracker platter was a question I had. I figured textures, layers, rustic (rosemary) and glamorous (olives), a little crunch, a little sweet, some savory, etc. I bought dolmas from trader joes. I forgot about them which was fine since I ran out of room. Orange slices or celery would be nice too. Or some eye catching exotic fruit.
*one issue. After I prepped the tray I put it in my fridge without plastic wrap. It was only in my fridge for a few short hours and the veggie deli slices started to look a little dried out. I offer no solutions. It’s just something I noticed.
Vegan cheese, vegan deli slices, grapes, olives, hummus, crackers
- Slice vegan cheese
- Roll vegan deli meat. I placed a fork onto to keep them rolled. Then placed a toothpick of olives on top once I plated them as the paperweight.
- Plate the small bowl of dip first. Next the crackers then the cheese and deli slices
- Fill in the gaps with fresh herbs and grapes. ENJOY
Vegan Buffalo Chick’n Wraps
I’m totally going to use the filling recipe for a future vegan low carb idea. That filling is legit. If you’re not a fan of hearts of palm then mash up chickpeas instead. Chickpeas are cheaper and easier to find but palm is super low in calories. Ah! So many good options on how to make this. This is great because it’s a simple finger food and perfect appetizer so your guests will win. It takes two seconds to create. No cooking and not much clean up. Too legit, too legit to quit.
1 container hearts of palm, packet of vegan nut cheese (or vegan mayo or vegan cream cheese), 2 TB vegan buffalo wing sauce, chives, 3 tortillas
- Chop hearts of palm into small pieces
- Mash palm with vegan nut cheese, buffalo sauce and chives
- Spread a thin layer on a tortilla. Roll and cut into 4 pieces or so.
- Garnish with additional chives. ENJOY
Vegan Pot Pie
Who doesn’t like some baked dough? Really!? If you own some gravy packets then it will stream line this already easy dish. I thought I had some powdered gravy but it doesn’t taste very good so I whipped up some fresh gravy pretty quickly. Gravy + frozen mixed veggies + vegan crescent rolls. Done
Gravy: cup water, 1 TB vegan butter, poultry seasonings, vegan chicken bouillon cube, 1 TB corn starch + TB water
1/2 bag frozen veggies, gravy, crescent rolls
- Make gravy packet or follow this gravy recipe. Put everything in a pot except the 1 TB corn starch and 1 TB cold water. Mix corn starch with cold water then add to pot once the pot starts to boil. Whisk til thick and smooth. If not thick enough add more corn starch to cold water and whisk into pot once boiling. (Thicker the better)
- Microwave steamer bag of veggies. Mix into gravy.
- Spray muffin tin with oil
- Remove crescent rolls from container. Seal up all of the pieces. Cut into 6 pieces. Put each piece of dough into muffin tin. Move dough around so forms a perfect little crust.
- Fill crust with pie filling. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until golden. ENJOY