Here are two hearty recipes perfect for the cold winter days. And one epic sandwich when you’re looking for something refreshing. I can not say enough good these about these recipes.
Vegan Beef Vegetable Stew
This! Oh so perfect for the winter months. Anyone else been craving a nice thick vegetable stew? More stew recipes plz!
onion (122g), 1 garlic clove, 6 oz mushrooms (176g), 6 oz baby carrots (176g), 1.25 celery stalks (100g), tons of potatoes (600g), 2 TB oil, small tomato paste, vegan beef bouillon cube, 2 TB italian herbs, 1 TB vinegar, 2 cups water, 2 servings frozen peas, 1 TB cornstarch + water, parsley
- Saute onion & garlic in oil with a dash of salt til soft
- Add raw carrots, celery & potatoes and saute with more salt for 5 minutes or so. Goal is caramelize the outside of the veggies. I didn’t notice that happening with mine.
- And tomato pasta, bouillon cube, herbs, vinegar + 2 cups of water. Cook with a lid on til potatoes and carrots are soft then throw in mushrooms + frozen peas.
- Mix 1 TB cornstarch with 1/4 cup water then mix into stew. Keep simmering and add chopped parsley. ENJOY
Inspired by Straight Up Food
Vegan Carrot Lox and Bagels
The first time I made carrot salmon for Vegan Philly Sushi Rolls I knew I would be making them again. This bagel was the most flavorful thing I’ve ever eaten!!!! By the way I bought cashew cheese spread from whole foods instead of vegan cream cheese. Nut chz is straight the great thing to put on a bagel. As mentioned below it’s kind of pricey but worth it if you allow yourself a single splurge item every now and then.
*I under cooked my carrots. I don’t know if you can tell the firmness presented in the video while I’m trying to slice them. You’re really suppose to cook them for 1.5 hours but I was being rebellious about it. And it worked out! I’m pretty sure marinating them for a couple days helped me out. Next time I’ll follow the rules.
2 large carrots, 2 cups coarse salt, 2 TB olive oil, 2 ts liquid smoke, 1 ts vinegar (sprinkle kelp powder optional) + bagels, vegan cream cheese (treeline nut chz is epic), onion, capers, dill
- Pour 1 cup of salt in a large, long pile in a glass baking dish
- Wash carrots (do not peel) and place them on the salt. Do not let them touch the glass. Pour the rest of the salt over the top. Cover carrots completely with salt. Bake uncovered for 1.5 hours at 375 degrees
- Once carrots are done set them aside to cool. Once cool remove all salt and cut them into desired shape. I did trim off the outside of the carrot.
- Mix carrots with oil, liquid smoke and vinegar. Place in fridge for 3 days. It will take that long for the carrots to change flavor and absorb the marinade. Rotate carrots if needed to ensure they say covered in oil. Add extra oil if needed.
- After 3 days prepare your bagel with cream cheese. Add the carrot salmon then top with onions, capers and dills. ENJOY
Inspired by Olives For Dinner
Vegan Loaded Enchiladas
Sooooooooooooo good. I was like “dude, just eat two” but I couldn’t stop at two. That vegan nut cheese that I found at the store is light years better than store bought vegan cream cheese. The nut cheese is stupid pricey but if you allow your self one high dollar item then let it be nut chz. The herbed garlic is sooo good and makes these enchiladas off the chart. Mark even said, “What’s in these? It’s sooo good!” and he doesn’t like the standard vegan cream chz. So there you have it.
4 servings of vegan nut cheese spread, 8 tortillas, 1 can vegan refried beans, sliced black olives, canned diced tomatoes with chilies, enchilada sauce, vegan shredded cheese, cilantro
- Fill each tortilla with nut cheese, beans, tomatoes and olives. Roll then up and place on parchment paper.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top and garnish with shredded vegan cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. ENJOY