So I made a giant vegan oreo cookie.
I also made a mukbang/eating show video of me eating this crazy huge cookie with my sister. But within 2 weeks of posting the Mukbang video on my sisters channel she ended up deleting the channel in hopes of starting a project more of her personality. No hard feelings 🙂
I was so freaking worried this recipes wouldn’t come together. I’m new to baking so there was a lot of internal pressure on whether the cookie would come out. And how the hell it would get out of the tin.
This is a surprisingly simple recipe so I was able to follow it. It’s hard to describe the flavor. The filling was great! It was messy as hell. I let the cookie sit out before cutting it so it wouldn’t be rock hard but that just caused the filling to spill out over the sides. The chocolate cookie itself tasted like a brownie. It was dense and soft all at the same time. It wasn’t like a fudge brownie. I’m really not sure how to describe.
Oh yeah, I found this mold on ebay.
Cookie: 1.5 cup flour, 1.5 cup dark cocoa powder, 1/4 ts salt, 1 cup vegan butter (soft), 2 cups sugar, 2 vegan eggs, 1.5 ts vanilla extract
Filling: 1 cup vegan butter (soft), 4 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB vegan milk, dash of vanilla extract
- Mix flour with salt and cocoa powder
- Cream vegan butter with sugar
- Now mix those two together with vanilla and vegan eggs. Knead until dough comes together.
- Spray pans and press dough into each side
- Bake them for 45 minutes at 325 degrees
- Make the creme filling. Cream vegan butter with sugar, milk and vanilla. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Once cookies cool tap the tin on the table a couple times to release them the mold. Add creme filling. ENJOY
Inspired by Eat The Trend