Not only did I make these 3 Trailer Park Dinners I also made 4 Vegan Trailer Park Desserts. Dude these dinners are not kidding. I stand behind all of them. While the world moves forward with it’s pinterest worthy pizzazz the 90s are calling and saying “You don’t have any reason to photograph your food so just eat it”.
Vegan Hamburger Helper
Dude I want to live on this dish. I’m pretty sure this was my first time having hamburger helper. Next time I’ll just go with the pasta & sauce and skip the beefless crumbles. This dish has just elevated my life.
I just made half a recipe in the video. Below is a full recipe. My half recipe filled the two bowls you see in the picture.
bag of beefless crumbles (I used beyond meat), 1 small onion, 1 TB oil, 1 ts dried parsley, 1 ts garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1.5 cup plain almond milk, 1.5 cup vegan beef broth (or any bouillon flavor you have), 2 cups macaroni, 8oz can tomato sauce, 2 cups vegan cheese + cornstarch optional
- Saute chopped onion with oil and salt. Once soft add vegan beefless crumbles.
- Add everything to the pot except the cheese and cornstarch and cook. Cook for the recommended time on the pasta box.
- Once pasta is cooked if there’s extra sauce that you need to thicken up add 1 TB corn starch to 1 TB cool water then pour into the pot. Boil the corn starch slurry with the food until everything thickens up.
- Add vegan cheese, stir and serve. ENJOY
Inspired by Country Side Cravings
Vegan Tater Tot Casserole
Tater tots are the best!!!! What’s better than some delicious gravy mixed with cheese and tater tots. The first time I saw tater tot casserole was in my facebook feed. I was like, WHAT?! I’m so glad to finally give this a try.
I made a half recipe for the video but I’ll post a full recipe below. Half recipe has 2 servings.
1 bag vegan beefless crumbles, 1 onion, oil, 2 cup water, 4 ts vegan bouillon (any flavor), 4 TB corn starch + 4 TB water, bag of vegan cheese, tater tots + add any spices you’d like
- Saute chopped onion with oil and salt
- Add vegan beefless crumbles and cook for a few minutes (add spices here if you want)
- Add vegan bouillon to hot water then pour into your pot with the crumbles and onion
- Mix corn starch with cool water then pour into the pot. Boil everything til it’s thick. If your sauce isn’t a thick gravy add more corn starch dissolved in cool water.
- Lay your veggie meat and gravy mixture in a casserole pan. Add vegan cheese on the veggie meat then top with as many tater tots as you can fit.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until tots are golden. ENJOY
Inspired by All Recipes
Vegan Trailer Park Sushi
I doubt this is a real thing. While looking for recipes I’ve stumbled upon trailer trash party themed foods. Again, I have a hard time believing this a real meal in someones life which a shame because it should be. Dude this was soooooo good.
Feel free to use any veggie hot dogs you want. I used field roast breakfast sausage because they’re small and taste good.
By the way, I’m obsessed with this vegan ranch recipe I got from Edyn Jacks Youtube Channel. Its the easiest thing on the planet to make. I honestly didn’t even know I liked ranch for I made her recipe.
white bread, veggie hot dogs, vegan cheese, vegan mayo
Ranch: vegan mayo, vinegar (pickle juice or jalapeno juice), spices (garlic, parsley, onion) & salt
- Flatten bread, cover with mayo, add a thin sprinkle of vegan cheese then add a veggie dog
- Roll closed like you’re wrapping sushi. Cut the edges and you’re done!
- Put as much mayo in a bowl as you want ranch. Add TINY amounts of vinegar to thin it out. Start slowly then add a little more til you get your desired texture. Add spices and salt to taste. ENJOY
Inspired by Delish