I woke up and saw Snoop Dogg’s cookbook online. I got my ass up and made it my life’s mission to buy his cookbook and share the recipes with you. I veganized the recipe so shouts out to me. Obviously the actual cookbook isn’t vegan.
I was so pumped to get this cookbook that I walked to the closest Barnes and Noble then walked to the train station then hiked my ass home. Dude the adventure to get this book was 19,213 steps (8.7 mile). I could have biked it in a fraction of the time or taken public transportation but I needed the adventure to be apart of the process.
Below all of the videos are music only. I will be posting a video of these recipes with me talking about my love of Snoop Dogg in a few days in case you enjoy my chit chat.
Below are 9 recipes: 3 breakfast, 3 dinner, 3 desserts
“Tha Smoovie” – Vegan Green Smoothie
I bought coconut water from aldi with pineapple juice in it. Dude that shit is legit.
2 cups spinach (40g), med orange (peeled), 1 banana, 2 cups coconut water (or less)
- Blend everything up. Less liquid will make this thicker. ENJOY
“Billionaire’s Bacon” – Sweet, Spicy Smokey Mushroom Bacon
I’ve made two other batches of mushroom bacon here on the blog. This was THE best version I’ve made. In the past I tried to cut the mushroom thinner to make it crispy. I figured out 2 things.
1) If you cut these thicker they’re surprisingly better (though not crispy). 2) Don’t over sugar these bitches or they will taste like candied mushrooms (not good). A little sweetness is amazing.
large mushroom caps, oil, salt, paprika, liquid smoke, brown sugar, red chili flakes
- Cut mushrooms into slices. I cut off the gills on the underpart for visual purposes only. Don’t cut too thin or they’ll dry out.
- Coat a plate with oil. Sprinkle salt, paprika over the oil. Put a few drops of liquid smoke in the oil (a little goes a long way). Mix well.
- Lay mushroom slices over the oil mixture. Flip mushrooms and try to coat all sides.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the mushroom and rub the sugar into both sides of the mushroom slices
- Dust a little red chili flakes over the top
- Bake mushrooms at 375 for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway through
- Once mushroom bacon is cooked dab oil over the mushrooms to prevent them from drying out. ENJOY
“Stack’d Up Flap Jacks” – Vegan Fluffy Pancakes
Dude these are some of the best pancakes I’ve had. After making these pancakes I realized that all of other pancake recipes on my blog are way too sweet. These are perfect! This makes 2 huge stacks of pancakes.
*HOW I COOK PANCAKES: I’m not an expert at cooking pancakes. I pour the batter and watch the bubbles come through. When the bubbles stop popping and refilling with batter (the bubbles pop and stay open) then I’ll flip my pancake and cook the other side. If the bubbles keep refilling with batter than the pancake is still too raw to flip. Let me know if you have a better pancake technique.
2 cups flour (300g), 2.5 TB baking powder, 1+3/4 cup almond milk, dash salt, 2.5 TB sugar, dash vanilla, 6 TB oil, 1 TB vinegar + oil for cooking
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix oil + almond milk and pour over dry ingredients
- Throw in the vanilla extract & vinegar and mix batter together
- Heat skillet with a little oil and cook pancakes one at a time
- I served mine with vegan butter & “lite” corn syrup aldi pancake syrup. ENJOY
“The Soft Touch Taco” – Vegan Soft Shell Tacos
Why haven’t I make this before?! Seriously the best thing ever. I ate these with some homemade spicy tomatillo salsa. I could eat these everyday for the rest of my life!!!!!! More soft taco recipes to come 🙂
1 vegan sausage (I used field roast chipotle), 5 corn tortillas, 1/4 ts cumin, 1/4 ts chili powder, 1/4 small onion, tiny bit raw garlic, 1 TB oil, dash water, + toppings: vegan cheese (i used daiya), fresh tomato, avocado, lime, cilantro, lettuce
- I chopped 1 vegan sausage into 3 parts and put in food processor. I pulsed until it looked like veggie crumbles.
- Saute onions, garlic and sausage crumbles in oil. Mix in cumin and chili powder. Cook until onions are soft. Add addition oil or a dash of water if mixture starts to dry up in the skillet.
- I toasted my corn tortillas on low directly over the stove top flame
- Top tortillas with a little of everything. ENJOY
“Dirty South Gumbo” – Vegan Sausage Gumbo
I’m pretty sure this was first time I’ve eaten gumbo. HOLY SHIT. This was soooooooo freaking flavorful. I need to make this again. I was on the fence about making this because the roux takes fricking 30+ minutes of constant stirring. Like what the actual hell?! THEN hour of letting the gumbo simmer. Soooo worth the time. I watched the 6ix9ine breakfast club interview while cooking this dish. I can not stress how good this was. YOU NEED THIS!
Roux: 1/4 cup oil + 1/4 cup flour
Chopped veggies: 1/4 onion, 1/4 bell pepper, 1 celery stalk, garlic clove
Spices: 1 ts creole seasoning, 1 bay leaf
Broth: 2 cups (I did 2 cups water + 2 ts vegan chicken better than bouillon)
3 chopped vegan sausage (I used field roast chipotle)
Garnish: fresh parsley + serve with rice
- Have everything prepped and ready to go
- Make roux. Whisk oil & flour for 30-45 minutes on med (or med-low) heat. Whisk the entire time and have everything you need in arms reach. Do not burn this by leaving unattended for even a minute.
- After roux darkens add chopped veggies. Stir for 3-4 minutes while veggies cook.
- Pour in broth, veggie sausage and spices. Simmer for an hour.
- Once cooked mix in fresh chopped parsley and serve with rice. ENJOY
“Orange Chicken with White Rice” – Vegan Orange Cauliflower with Rice
AH! I forgot to add the sriracha when I made this! I knew it was missing something. And I just bought a new bottle of the stuff just for this recipe. YOLO.
Cauliflower batter: 1.25 cup flour (any kind of flour), 1 cup water (more or less)
Sauce: 3/4 cup orange juice, 3 TB soy sauce, 1 TB agave, 1 ts sesame oil, 1 TB sriracha, 1/2 ts red chili flakes, 2 ts corn starch + 1.5 TB water
- Chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Make batter. Mix flour and water. If batter is too wet add extra flour, if too dry add extra water. You can season batter with any salt and spices you’d like.
- Mix cauliflower with batter. One by one put battered cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake til batter is 100% dry. I did 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Flip cauliflower bites half way through. Bake longer if batter isn’t fully cooked.
- Make sauce. Mix everything in a skillet. Dissolve corn starch in a little bit of water before adding it to the mixture. Bring sauce to a boil then simmer for a 1-2 minute.
- Mix cauliflower with sauce and serve with rice. ENJOY
“Rolls Royce Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies” – Vegan PB Chocolate Chips Cookies
This recipe makes like 4 trays of cookies. And these cookies are unstoppable. These are some of the best cookies I’ve made. I’d recommend using unsalted vegan butter but I just used the salted one I had. These are sweet and salty cookies. Again, sooo good!
1.5 cups flour (210g), 1 ts baking soda, 2 little sticks vegan butter (220g, soft/room temp), 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (130g), 1/2 cup brown sugar (100g), 1/2 cup white sugar (100g), 1 ts vanilla extract, 2 cups chocolate chips (360g)
- Cream vegan butter, vanilla, peanut butter and sugar together. I did this by hand, you can use a mixer. Mix until sugar is dissolved and there’s no grainy feeling.
- Add flour and baking soda to the same bowl. Try to mix baking soda through out the flour then mix everything together.
- Pour in chocolate chips
- Scoop cookie dough on to baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. ENJOY
“Hustle Hard Chocolate Cheesecake” – Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
I’m not sure if I’ve had chocolate cheesecake before. This stuff was like creamy ganache! This was so rich and silky smooth and very easy to throw together.
Cookie crust: 12 oreos, 1 TB agave, 2 TB vegan butter
Chzcake filling: 24 oz vegan cream cheese (3 containers, I used daiya), 150g powdered sugar, 270g chocolate chips + 1 TB coconut oil, 4 TB coconut cream (from a can), 1 ts vanilla
- If using a spring foam pan line with parchment paper
- Put cookies in a food processor and grind into sand. Add agave and melted vegan butter and blend til mixed in.
- Pour crust into your cheesecake tin. Push crust with the bottom of a cup to pack in down. Place in fridge.
- Whip food processor clean. Add vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend smooth
- Melt chocolate chips with oil and coconut cream. Blend with cream cheese filling in food processor.
- Pour filling on top of crust and chill overnight in fridge (or until solid). ENJOY
“Bow Wow Brownies” – Vegan Double Chocolate Brownies
These are so rich and dark. I wanted to mention a mistake I made. I wasn’t supposed to melt all 450g of chocolate for the batter. I was supposed to reserve 180g of it to sprinkle on top. I’m just going to write the recipe below for what I did. I’m the worst brownie maker ever! I always overcook mine because I’m not sure what the hell I’m doing.
2/3 cup flour (90s), 1 ts baking soda, 1/2 cup sugar (100g), 3 TB vegan butter, 2 TB vegan milk, 450g chocolate chips (+ more for topping), 2 vegan eggs (I used follower your heart), 1/2 ts vanilla
- Mix flour & baking soda together
- Put vegan butter, vegan milk and sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil then let simmer for a minute to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips & vanilla. Mix til everything is melted together.
- Add vegan eggs to chocolate and mix. Add flour and mix.
- Pour brownie batter into a pan. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 325 for 30 minutes. I ended up cooking them an additional 15 minutes because the center was still batter. Not sure if that was correct or not.
- Let cool before cutting. ENJOY